Old September 24th 03, 01:15 AM
Chris Barker

I have been asked by other ABE sellers to supply colour copies of rare
dustwrappers in my possession but have always refused. There is something a
little bit unhealthy about the uncontrollable flooding of once-rare dw
artwork into the marketplace, especially given the propensity for fraud.
Besides, it undermines the integrity of a true original and is a poke in the
eye for the collector who managed to track a great rariety down.

I do have colour copies in my own collection. My view is that it is
reasonable for a dealer to pass on a colour copy along with an original
book, or as a swap with another collector for a similar item. Other than
that, I like to see dw artwork as nature intended, or else in a decent
reference book. I don't much care for sellers who's one business aim is to
raid the inernet for free images that they can print off and sell.

Chris
The Haunted River

www.users.waitrose.com/~hauntedriver

"Jason Bennett" wrote in message
Thanks Michael,

This is exacly what I'm looking for.

Take care,

-Jason

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Jason Bennett" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have seen books sold with new facsimile dust jackets.
Does anyone know how I can find these dust jackets for my ERB
collection?

Thanks!

-Jason

Have you tried here ?

http://www.facsimiledustjackets.com/

They *may* have what you're looking for.

michael adams