Old November 21st 07, 04:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default DeserTBob going through his yearly holiday depression-again

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:03:01 -0800 (PST), still_trackin
wrote:

P.S. I'm looking into having the CR-80T worked on by a qualified tech
in my area....it's a keeper and I don't think I'm up to the job of
head alignment etc., snip

Akai alignment is tricky and takes patience (and the correct
procedure) to do right...which is why none of Nudo's decks work
correctly. Last I looked, you can get the correct alignment procedure
on 8trackheaven. If you can find an AV tech with an alignment
cartridge, by all means have it done. Your idea of using an external
power amp for this is a good one indeed; the onboard amp only puts out
a measly 5 watts, and none too clean.

Again, my apologies for mistaking you for a career petty
criminal...who, as you'll notice, has gone bonkers today.