Old September 27th 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default 196X Dime Date Error

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 5:38:28 AM UTC-5, Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 6/6/2014 7:33 PM, Bob Rudd wrote:

I think the lawsuit effectively fractured this ng, in retrospect.

It certainly didn't help, but the malaise that's fallen over

newsgroups is far more general than RCC. Many ISP's (including

mine) no longer offer Usenet access as standard.

In my own opinion, there were several reasons for this. Some

were technological; as available bandwidth increased and digital

imaging technology became mainstream, a text-only group like RCC

became less appealing. But in my opinion the "social contract"

required by an unmoderated and untraceable model eventually

broke down and the signal-to-noise level became too low.

I decided to keep paying for Usenet a couple of months ago, but

it was a very near thing even at about 4-5 cents a day. I still

take a peek here every few days, but if I post about coins it'll

be probably be elsewhere.

RCC is available through Google without Usenet access

http://groups.google.com/forum/#!for...llecting.coins