Old December 12th 03, 03:21 AM
Michael and Monica Pantano

I am without words.

I met Frank so many years ago. He was a treasure and one of a kind.

Rest well.

DovR wrote:
copied from Pentrace.com

A notice from "The Herald News" of southern Massachusetts. We will never see
his like again.

DUBIEL -- Passed away in Fall River December 7, 2003 as a result of a heart
attack while shoveling snow in the Blizzard of 2003 after receiving word of
his mother’s death. Frank Dubiel. He is survived by his Aunt Sarah (Almeida)
(Camara) Napert and cousin Mrs. Frank (Evangeline) Fieldhouse of Tucson, AZ.
Son of the late Paul and the late Alice (Almeida) Dubiel. Age 56. Private
burial for Frank and his mother Alice will take place in Notre Dame
Cemetery, Fall River. Calling hours are omitted. Funeral arrangements are
under the direction of Manuel Rogers & Sons Funeral Home, 1521 No. Main St.,
Fall River. In Lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in his memory may be
made to the Faxon Animal Rescue League, Durfee St.
Fall River.

I am very saddened by this news - Frank was irascible, impossible
sometimes but a good friend. A wonderful and devoted son to his mother.
After his mother passed away maybe Frank felt he had to be there with her.
Frank was Frank. This news of his sudden death makes me very sad. We
corresponded off and on the last few years, comparing our parent's ailments,
pen matters and his various foibles les with the pen world at large. A
treasure house of pen and ink knowledge. Da Book, his blue covered, hand
roneod on a 1917 or so printing machine, a must for every collector, pen
lover, buyer, seller and would be repairer. The finest restorers/repairers
all had Da Dubiel on their shelf to refer to.

At last year's DC supershow I bought 10 (he gave me one for free) to
sell to our pen club members. I had no trouble selling them off and for door
lottery prizes. I have two 45 demonstrators from Frank that I was gonna sell
but in his memory will keep and maybe even ink. The inscribed FP Repair and
Restoration will be a lasting memory of the man and his work.

I would like to propose some sort of memorial award by the pen
community at large be initiated for Frank.

Ideas, people.

MHDSRIP