Old December 12th 03, 02:41 AM
David Heverly

I'm a relative "newbie" to fountain pen collecting and its been less
than a year that I've been perusing the various pen news groups. I
never met Frank, but I had come to regard him as a student would
regard a favorite Professor. Each day I would check the newsgroups to
see what words of wisdom "Professor" Dubiel would have for his seminar
students. Like a good teacher, he never allowed us to be complacent
about anything in class; always challenging our assumptions. How many
times were we prompted to refer to the reading list, which consisted
of "Da Book"?

I learned so much about pens and inks from reading his posts. I can
only imagine how many other lives he touched. I think we're all
poorer for his passing.

Class dismissed.

David