Old February 16th 11, 02:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default First Spouse

On Feb 15, 2:55*pm, "Beanie" wrote, in part:
If it was up to me, I'd go back in time and reinstate usage of the Buffalo
nickel, Mercury dime, Standing Liberty quarter and Walking liberty half, coinage
that was the most beautiful circulating coinage in US history.
Stop making those horrible Prexibux and Native American "golden" dollars and
issue a dollar coin using the $10 St. Gaudens Indian design and a $2 coin using
St Gaudens $20 design.
Stop printing $1 and $2 bills. Canada did years ago and they seem to be getting
along just fine.

I agree with the exception of using St. Gaudin's double eagle design
on a two-dollar coin. It almost seems sacreligious. I would suggest
using Frank Gasparro's Flowing Hair Liberty design (from 1977).
Basically, it would be a somewhat new design for a new coin.

http://www.smalldollars.com/dollar/page04.html

Jerry