Old February 15th 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

Default First Spouse

"oly" wrote in message
I think it's difficult to argue with FDR on the dime. Because he

brought us to the end of WWII successfully, not because of how he
handled the Great Depression.

He's been on the dime for more than 60 years - time to move on.

Andrew Jackson and U.S. Grant both represent poor boys who made good.

Isn't it enough they have their faces on currency?

I say it's time to go back to using representations of Liberty on our coinage
and get rid of all the dead presidents.
The only exception I would make would be the Lincoln cent, a humble coin that
seems fitting for a humble man.
If it was up to me, I'd go back in time and reinstate usage of the Buffalo
nickel, Mercury dime, Standing Liberty quarter and Walking liberty half, coinage
that was the most beautiful circulating coinage in US history.
Stop making those horrible Prexibux and Native American "golden" dollars and
issue a dollar coin using the $10 St. Gaudens Indian design and a $2 coin using
St Gaudens $20 design.
Stop printing $1 and $2 bills. Canada did years ago and they seem to be getting
along just fine.