Old September 2nd 03, 03:57 PM
Bob Ingraham

From: (Joe)
Newsgroups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Date: 1 Sep 2003 23:21:06 -0700
Subject: Used recent stamps worth more than mint stamps or not?

I would like to know what you think of mint & used stamps.

snip

Are you willing to purchase used stamps at higher than what you
normally accept for mint stamps for your collection?

Short answer, which is all I have time for:

For ordinary stamps with ordinary cancels, such as wavy lines, no. I don't
even collect them as a rule, unless they are on a cover which has other,
more desirable attributes.

For ordinary stamps with better cancels, such as nicely placed corner CDS
cancels, yes.

For ordinary stamps with beautiful, clear SON dated cancels, absolutely! A
dealer in Ontario specializes in such Canadian stamps, and demands and gets
a premium for them. Sorry, don't know her name.

Bob Ingraham