Old February 4th 11, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Beanie[_2_]

Default This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen...

I think you two are not looking closely enough at the illustration in

the link: under the eagle, it clearly says "Republic of Liberia" in
raised letters. They are in rather low relief, so I'm not surprised
that you missed it. Thus this is a non-circulating, legal tender, one
dollar COIN of Liberia.

On second (close) inspection, I saw the mention of Liberia, so I stand
corrected.
OTOH, I STILL think the coin in question is a butt-ugly piece of crap that isn't
worth the effort it took to manufacture it.
AND, I think the TV ads are deceptive.
I also think that Congress has better things to do than closely monitor the
collector markets, even for exploitive crap like this.