Old December 14th 03, 11:01 PM
tony

In message
(malcolm hirst) wrote:

Perhaps the PO were afraid that they might have got the wrong team.
With England,Scotland and Wales in the running perhaps it would have
been too expensive ( or politically embarrassing ) to consider. For me
its academic anyway I'm a League not a Union man ( non-Rugby playing
nationals switch off at this point)

I would agree though that Rugby world-wide is the winner - and none of
that horrible violence which accompanies soccer matches in this
country!!

Malcolm

| We have now won the Rugby World Cup. A magnificent
| result and achievement, but sadly there are NO
| plans to commemorate this victory.
|
| For once they are not going to fleece the philatelist.

I spoke too soon.

A miniature sheet is due out on the 19th, with two 28p/1st stamps
and two 68p stamps - the Air Mail rate for Australia so that
we can rub it in by sending them to our friends there.

Full marks for the rapid production, even if it is fleece
the collector time again.

--
Tony Clayton
or