Old December 14th 04, 02:09 AM
Franz Heymann

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"Roger Smith" wrote in message

"Rodney" wrote in message
I am writing this as your page loads (zzzzzz)
thanks to the 56k dial up.

Can we have too many Chrismassy Links?

Thanks to our multiculturalocity, some of our Australian

pre-school
locations are abandoning traditional Christmas, as it may offend
those of other faiths.

As an ex-choir boy, I find this rather depressing.

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
| This time I have put together some of the nicest cards and

covers
dedicated

http://www.values.ch/Art-Gallery/Chr...s-beauties.htm

------
--

------
--
Rodney

Some of our schools celebrate Diwali as well as Christmas.

What do you mean by "traditional" - turkey and christmas pudding

(or
barbie
on the beach) together with Santa Claus, or the religious bit?

Regards, Roger

Religious bit?? Just whose Birthday is it anyway??

How many people think of it as somebody's birthday unless they are
reminded of it?
In any case, the festival, which celebrates the start of days of
increasing length, predates the birth of Jesus by many centuries. The
church fathers were just very successful at hijacking an existing
event.

Franz