Old February 3rd 13, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default USPS - Immunity from local traffic laws

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
"I was unaware that the Post Office doesn't have to stop at red lights or
obey the speed limit," he said. "But since they are, I wish I'd get my
mail
faster."
http://www.cleveland.com/tipoff/inde...t_pay_eas.html

Correct a far as the brainless reporter could understand.
The POST OFFICE [aka USPS] can not be fined, but each DRIVER can be!
Just as, if they cause an accident, they can be held responsible.

"The notorious East Cleveland traffic cameras nabbed U.S. Postal Service
Vehicles breaking the law seven times and sent a notice to the Post Office
on Broadway with the bad news every driver hates to see: a picture of the
infraction and a demand for payment ...

Norton said if an individual driving a mail vehicle was stopped by a police
officer, the individual would be responsible.

He wonders why the post office dodged instead of giving up the culprits."

I wonder too.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/