Old March 3rd 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

Just keep coughing up more evidence of your stalking behavior, David
Schlesinger of ACCESS Linux. It is piling up in a nice, fat report
for the police and for your current employer.

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...at-linuxworld/

Windowing system?
cervezas @ 4/4/2006 3:07:48 PM #

With regard to X Windows they're still not saying for now, as of
recent conversations I've had with David Schlesinger.

David Beers
Pikesoft Mobile Computing
Software Everywhere blog
www.pikesoft.com/blog

Informa Open Source in Mobile Conference
Nov. 7-8, Amsterdam, the Netherlands

PalmSource is a sponsor and will be exhibiting ALP. Mike Kelley,
Senior Vice President of Engineering, is speaking. David ("Lefty")
Schlesinger, Director of Open Source Technologies, will be
participating on a panel.

PalmSource clarifies our coverage of Palm OS and ALP
By David Gewirtz

Over the past few weeks, we've been covering the changes in the Palm
OS and its apparent eventual migration into something called ALP. As
is always the case when trying to understand something new and
relatively poorly documented, we got some of our facts wrong.

Fortunately, we've gotten some excellent clarification on ALP from two
PalmSource executives who would know: Maureen O'Connell, Senior
Director, Corporate Communications and David "Lefty" Schlesinger,
Director, Core Tools and Technologies.

"It's not particularly our intention that MAX 'inherit much of the
traditional look and feel of the Palm OS'..."

These two comments provide some excellent clues about what we might
expect in the future from PalmSource.

Clarications from Maureen O'Connell, Senior Director, Corporate
Communications
In your recently published article, "The future of the Palm platform:
rosy or uncertain," you claimed it had been confirmed that the ACCESS
Linux Platform is based "on Wind River's Platform For Consumer
Devices, Linux Edition."

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that the ACCESS Linux
Platform, recently announced by ACCESS Co., Ltd., and its wholly-owned
subsidiary, PalmSource, has been designed to be kernel agnostic and
does not rely on unique features of any specific Linux distribution.
It is based on a standard version 2.6.12 (and above) kernel.

http://www.computingunplugged.com/is...001734001.html