Old January 14th 04, 12:07 AM
whohah

This could be an example of the 'Presidential' series of medals produced by
the US Mint for public sale. Or, it could be the 'Indian Peace' medal for
Jackson's presidency. What is needed to determine this is the following:

What is the metallic content (Bronze/Copper? Silver?)?

What is the size?

What is the condition?

If it is large, silver and in rather poor condition, it could be an original
Indian Peace medal from the Jacksonian era and valued at ...A LOT!!!!

If it is smaller, bronze or copper, and in 'excellent' condition, it
probably is a modern 'Presidential' series medal and valued at...not much.
These medals are still available from the Mint at nominal cost.

In any event, ask the same question in rec.collecting coins and you may get
a more comprehensive answer.

I read r.c.c and this newsgroup everyday, which in and of itself doesn't
make me an expert, however, I replied to this question here because it was
convenient for me to do so.

HTH.

Jay in Garrison, TX

reply, if ya' wanna, to