Old August 3rd 03, 03:04 AM
Bill Krummel

"John Carney" wrote in message
"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
"Steve" wrote:

I think I'd be searching for a high end MS64.

This was always my practice as well, to never go for condition

rarity....stay
on the lower side of the large price jumps. I'd be willing to pay a

premium for
a superb 64, but never willing to pay the 65 price.

This is what I do as well. This is why my complete gem set of Franklins

isn't quite all
gems. The 49D and 50D are both high end MS64s for precisely that reason.

--
John

John and Phil, if the Monroe I wanted was graded a 64, I probably would have
bid, with no dilemma. But it wasn't, and it was a coin I liked. I won't go
searching for a 64, I will search for a look. If I find another with a look
I like, let's hope it happens to be in a 64 slab. Bill