Old July 1st 05, 01:46 AM
Dik T. Winter

In article "gogu" writes:
So it's not only the Greeks, the Italians, the French or the Germans but -I
believe- every older person in euroland.

I think I figure in the group of older persons. No, I do not want back
the old currency. On the other hand, I do not see how a change to low
denomination notes will change anything. I think the problem is that
some people perceive that when something is a note it is suddenly
expensive, while you can spend coins as you wish. The common perception
of the people that want to go back to the old currency is that the Euro
makes everything more expensive, and that is a (common) fallacy. It is
not the Euro, but the abuse some branches in commerce made when changing
to the Euro. Changing back to the original currency will *again*
increase prices. In the Netherlands I have seen the change of the 1 gulden,
2 1/2 gulden and 5 gulden notes to coins without a perceptible change in
appreciation. On the other hand I have in my collection rag-notes from
countries that have (and had) no real value at all.