Old March 25th 13, 01:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gandalf_le_gris

Default help referencies Test and Dummy stamps

Thanks Sir F.A. Rien for these informations.

In fact, these stamps are not really Cinderellas.

My opinion is that Cinderellas are often advertising labels. While these
Test Stamps are connected to Post Stamps because they serve to adjust and to
test the postal purposes, without destroying real Postal Stamps.
They are rather classified in "Back of the Book", such as Tax Stamps,
Precancelled Stamps or Training Stamps ......

For the interested people, there is a Wikipedia page on this subject =

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_stamp

and many other Web sites =

http://www.apnss.org/dummy-and-test.htm

http://www.usstamps.org/dssg.html

http://www.philatelicdatabase.com/gr...tamp-booklets/

http://www.stampprinters.info/dummystamps.htm

Best regards.

And sorry for my approximative or very bad english .... If you want to
correct my errors of language, it should be very fun for me.

--
gandalf_le_gris

Pour me joindre =
a) désintégrer NOpub et NOspam
b) et colorier de la bonne teinte

"Sir F.A. Rien" a écrit dans le message de
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:00:51 +0100, "gandalf_le_gris"
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

Hi all rcsd users

I have some test stamps in my collection (there are stamp used for testing
stamp purpoises).

But for english = http://cjoint.com/?0CypvbAKLOz

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15002&start=50

What catalogues do I use ?

Usually classed as Cinderellas, I don't think there's a full
'catalogue' of them.