Old January 14th 13, 01:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Rowe AMI CD100 Problems

Sorry to keep posting here, but you folks are the pros and I am a newbie that needs help
I still can not get this jukebox to work right. I know the problem has something to do the fact, that when you turn the machine on it starts to look for a CD, and plucks one from the carousel, puts it back, and repeats this process for about five CD's. If anybody knows why this happens, please let me know.
I suspect the optical sensor is bad, but that is just a guess on my part.
The boards are fine, they have both been tested. The voltages have been tested, and they are correct.
Today I re-aligned the optical sensor. Followed the manual to the letter, and everything did what the manual said it would do. The only difference was before I aligned the sensor, the machine would initialize all 100 CD's, now it only will initialize about 60.
It does play a CD. Sometimes when I am working on it, a CD I programmed earlier will play. It will just not play them when I push the numbers on the keyboard, it plays them later on during initialization, or sometimes when the machine is turned back on.
I really don't want to have this thing in the shop, would prefer to fix it myself if possible.