Old December 30th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

Default Fake $2.00 bill - funny

"Ukraina Dvi" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

Subject: The $2 bill

I spend them all the time, I am in cahoots with one of the tellers in one
of my banks, she orders them from the Fed. Anyway, I have received
several comments lately from cashiers saying they are starting to see more
and more of them recently. Apparently they are starting to circulate a
bit more, which must be why we now have 2003A notes. I am seeing less of
the 1976 series, and when they do come my way they are the worse for wear.

Yes, in the Metro Detroit area I get the same comments from people - "you
are the 3rd person today that came in with a $2 bill". And yes, recently I
got 4 packs of used $2 bills, with pretty much over half being 1976 bills,
and very worn, with the majority of the other bills dated 1995.