Old February 2nd 04, 04:32 AM
Bob Peterson

Default Coin Show Report Rockford Il

Despite the cold weather and the Super Bowl, attendance at today's show was
quite well attended. I left at noon and it was still pretty well packed.

I was a bit disappointed in the lack of tokens at this show, but I did make
a few minor purchases, including a 2003 proof silver eagle ($32), and two
Panamanian proof 20 balboas ($25 each). The latter are the size of coasters
and quite pretty, and on top of that contain about 3.8 ounces of silver. At
current spot silver prices, I got them basically as bullion, which is all I
have ever considered them to be anyway.