Old August 20th 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
David Ames[_2_]

Default Third-party Amazon transactions

On Aug 2, 1:59*pm, weary flake wrote:
David Ames wrote:
A desired book had three listed sellers on Amazon. *The first was
unable to ship within Amazon's suggested time period and cancelled the
order. *(Probably needed it till the end of the semester.) *The second
did not respond at all. *It turns out that the seller had no
transactions within the past 365 days. *I can't cancel the order,
under Amazon's terms. *That order is going to remain open indefinitely.

You'll have to complain about the third party seller to amazon
itself. *I've done many orders and sometimes have to complain
about a third party seller who gives me the silent treatment.
What happens behind the scenes to cancel the order/refund, I
don't know.

It turned out that the order was automatically canceled after 30 days'
non-fulfillment.