Old January 9th 04, 09:43 PM
O'l Soft Shoe

Default 2 c. 1923 Warren G. Harding perf. 11

I am seeking some advice about a stamp I have in my collection.
it is a 2 cent 1923 Harding with a perf 11 all around.
unused, and in good condition.

I however need to know how to determine it's value.
I must admit i am not an avid collector of stamps, this collection was
passed down to me from my mother.

she told me that she thought it was a valuable stamp but was not sure.

I bought the U.S. postal services book "Guide to U.S. Stamps 30th edition"

on page 72 stamp # 610 is listed under:
Issues of 1923, Harding Memorial Issue, Perf. 11 LIKE THIS...
610 2 cent blk. Warren Gamaliel Harding 09/01/23 Un .65 U .25 BP/LP
20.00 #(6) FDC 30.00 Q(M)1459
Indicating that an unused stamp of perf 11 is work $0.65

however.... (this is where I need clarification )

under that same heading, this is the following listing....
613 2 cent blk. Harding (610) 1923 $37,500.00

also I have learned that due to popular demand for this stamp in 1923
they implemented a flat plate block printing process.
How can i tell the difference ?

how do i determine this stamps true worth?
If anyone need to see a scan of the stamp, I have one readily
available to post.

2 c. 1923 Warren G. Harding perf. 11