Old June 18th 17, 02:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Paul Miller

Default Rock-Ola CD-8 Bubbler plays intermittently

Hi all. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When I first turn on my jukebox it will play the first selection, although sometimes not all the way through. If I try to play a 2nd song the disc usually won't spin and will be put back in the magazine.

If I go into "Test Mode" and "Run CD Tests" I can get the disc spinning and playing properly (usually by adjusting the cd clamper), but once I return to normal mode cds won't play - they may spin a little or not at all.

I thought this was probably a laser issue, so I have replaced it twice without success.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Don't really want to shell out $500 for an new cd player, but maybe I have to?