Old January 8th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Eaton Press, et al

Allison Turner- wrote:
bookstore stated:
Willow Arune wrote...

As an investment, even buying pristine second-hand copies at a 75%discount
on new - provided you could find them - it's doubtful if they'd work out
very profitable in the long run...

Spoken like a true novice. I laughed all the way to the bank after I paid
$79 apiece for a bunch of Easton Press editions signed by Mandela and Reagan
and then sold them for thousands apiece. The Easton Press put my son
through Harvard.

Well, perhaps it was the signatures, rather than the
books themselves.

Exactly: Guaranteed specimens of the signatures of world leaders. I
would guess that the Mandela is genuine & a particularly tough find, but
the Reagan is probably an AutoPen sig.

--Jon Meyers