Old March 12th 07, 04:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Elcaset- worth a try

On 12 Mar 2007 05:43:51 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

Doesn't
mean what they're running to is "better"- this will all change soon,
because there are now NINE coal-to-oil synthetic plants being built in
the USA right now, that will be up and running in about a year, and
will produce 3 billion barrels of oil per year. Just like the Germans
did in WWII. We also have a million barrels a day coming from
Alberta, Canada from the oil sand plants. When the syn plants start
pumping it out, the supply will grow, price will fall, and people will
want that that new Hemi V-8 Challenger. snip

Fatal flaw in this: It takes mas much petroenergy to extract the oil
from the tar sands and to get the synoil out of bituminous coal as the
finished product provides. Net gain: zero.

Try driving an electric car in the Rockies states, or back here in the
hilly northeast- not going to fly- they cost 2X a gas car, with less
power. Electric is a loser. snip

Wrong again. The Prius has more power than many of its similarly
sized competitors. The GM EV-1 had accelleration equivalent to a
mid-sized V6, and it was a plug-in only. GM has really ****ed up on
electric, because one of their divisions has had experience with
electric traction drive since 1930...ElectroMotive. What experience
and design accumen did GM get from EMD to guide their electric
traction experiments? None. Duhhhhhhhh....

Publicly available images, Noodles. Sorry...doesn't wash. But yes,
you DO look amazingly like Pauly Walnuts!

I'm talking about what it does to your reputation, and how it appears
to the average law enforcement officer. It goes far to show the
nature of your character. snip

And your thousands of posts since 2002 don't? Remember, all those
hundreds of post you THINK you've deleted are still around...and all
of them are on Googles' archives, whether you deleted them or not.
Thank the "Patriot Act" for that! And yes, I still have your entire
output on my hard drive...with backups...including all your psychotic
outbursts, the posts of maps to my home, everything.

Sort of like being stuck in Bumler, eh??

BML is a mighty bit better than Lancaster, CA. snip

LMAO! Then why can I buy FOUR houses near you for the proceeds I'd
get from selling mine here?

Resale value means everything. snip

Not when you "buy high, sell low" it doesn't.

Not always. Past 30 IPS, speed DETRACTS from audio frequency response
flatness in the bottom end. It's a function of head geometry versus
tape speed.

Well no kidding- because no one runs a reel past 30 IPS anyway.
You'd need a reel of tape the size of a powerline reel. snip

Stunod! 30 IPS was the studio mastering standard for many years and
used either 10½ NAB reels or 16 pancakes.

Why bother- run the line outs through a multi-band external EQ and
adjust using a spectrum analyzer. It's not a matter of how to do it,
it's who thought of the idea first. In this case, that's me. snip

LMAO! People have been doing that for DECADES to transcribe pre-RIAA
LPs and tapes recorded at different speeds. Some brilliant "new idea"
you have there, Noodles!

I like blue chip investments.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.. In the course of this ONE POST,
you've gone from sensible response to rabid ravings. Say it, don't
spray it. snip

More "projection" from a paranoid delusional. Don't expect to pay for
Charlie III's education (or legal fees) from the profit you get off
that Elcaset...it's not gonna happen.