Old September 12th 05, 01:40 AM
Dik T. Winter

In article . com "oly" writes:
The only parties who "need" a note of this size 500 euros - presently
600 dollars+) are those involved in drugs and perhaps tax evasion
(perhaps the second hand automobile transaction was done in cash to
avoid taxes?).

That is just your opinion. Thank you very much. If a seller wants to
be sure he actually receives the money, he will go either for debit card
or cash.

And what would really be the problem with paying 5000 euros in 100
fifty euro notes, really? If any single note was a counterfeit, the
loss would be much less.

Well, 100 notes would be (I think) quite some pack of notes. And the
probability that a 50 Euro note is fake is much higher than the
probability that a 500 Euro note is fake.

I don't think that members of this group are really aware of all the
resources the federal government is presently devoting to identifying
large cash transactions and suspicious activity reporting.

I do not think you are aware of all the resources the EU is devoting to
identify large cash transactions and suspicious activity reporting...
All cash transactions over a certain amount have to be reported to the
central authority, and should only be performed with proper legitimation.

Perhaps the
Netherlands is on its way to being like Columbia.

What is the largest denomination in Columbia? O, I think I erred, they
certainly use US dollars.

As stated earlier, the 500 euro note is a pox on the international
economy.

That is just opinion. And how it would influence economy escapes me.