Old June 17th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Romania - Fondul Aviatiei

On Jun 16, 8:12 pm, "Larry at Berkeley, California"
wrote:
I have two stamps marked Romania, Fondul-Aviatiei (10 and 20 Bani)
showing a seaplane. I do not find these in Scott. What are they,
please?

Larry in Berkeley, California

Larry, could you please post a scan for us?

See note in Scott after postal tax stamp RA21.
"Two stamps similar to type PT5 but inscribed
Fondul Aviatiei were issued in 1936.
10 b sepia + 20 b violet"
Proceeds for National Fund for Aviation.

To modernize the Romanian Royal Air Force,
King Carol II decided to issue mandatory stamps
inscribed "Fondul Aviatiei" or "Timbrul Aviatiei".

For several years all these mandatory stamps were
found on covers and postcards along with the postal
ones, making all these items very attractive.

Article on Aviation Fund stamps (English) .
http://www.revenues.ro/pagini/aviatie.htm

I found a mention on a Romanian site that says
there were 3 values for Fondul Aviatiei in 1936.
Michel lists the 3 stamps # Mi 23-25, inscribed Fondul Aviatiei in
1936
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/9/0...4275476_tp.jpg

Blair