Old July 2nd 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which country
you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

yes, i think that's the reason. their security is "protecting" you.

Nice but...too much protection;-)

it seems that all of usenet is having pms. there are grumpy people in
almost
every group this week. perhaps a midol and heat pad will help these
groups.
i hear a lot of scammers are from ukraine now. it's the africa of europeon
scammers now.

Indeed...
Countries of the former Soviet Union are a paradise for the
scammers/hackers.

you probably get an answerbot from ebay. or very lazy tech support.

An answerbot, that's exactly what I get!
And that's where I am mad on eBay, I understand that they may have this kind
of "protection" but when a good client has a problem I expect to receive an
answer!
Oh well, maybe I must learn and live with this monthly nuisance (I am
spending 3 weeks abroad and one week home, s**t happens when or immediately
after I return home!).

rgrds