Old July 2nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Ο "note.boy" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news

"gogu" wrote in message

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which
country you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

I live in Scotland but I accessed my ebay account from Canada two years
ago and ebay made me change my password, it must be some kind of automatic
security check, I was please to see it in action. Billy

Aha!
So my wild guess was not so wild after all!
Thanks Billy!