Old November 2nd 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Opinions on ATB 5 oz. coins?

You write very long but still dodge the question regarding placing meaningless denominations on round pieces that would have been issued as medals years ago.

"Denomination" does not mean "date". And what U.S. coin has not been "dated" in recent years? (Yes, I know that the Jefferson Dollar and the WWII coins didn't show the actual years that they were made, and perhaps there are others - but no date? I think none.)

The Franklin Firefighter silver medals (and the Teddy Roosevelt National Parks/ Wildlife medals) can very frequently be purchased for next to nothing, simply because the poltroons can't look them up in the Red Book. Conversely, they are often wildly overpriced for the same reason.

No denomination means no inclusion in the Red Book, and that is the kiss of death in the simpleton's U.S. Coin market.

Oly