Old September 4th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Found Today

At a thrift store today, I came across a first printing of
David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest in fine condition with
the first state dust jacket ("Volman" not "Volmann") also in
fine condition. I think it was in my hands before I even
read the title.

This is actually the first time I have sighted one of Foster
Wallace's books. They are truly scarce.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35