Old April 2nd 08, 04:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default TECH: ROCK-OLA 477

On Feb 28, 4:52*am, thabigwolf wrote:
Rock-ola477Maxhelp needed - Powers up with lights - Power Supply
board has 2 LED Lit. No other lights are lit.

I have the manual but wanted to see if any Rock-ola expert knows where
to go from here.

Selector display board is blank along with hit tracker box. Amp box
has no lights also.

John

Hi John,

I know this sounds stupid, but, have you checked the internal fuses in
the power supply. It woul seem your problem is here as you have power
lights, and the lights themselves work so your 240v line seems fine,
it will probably be your 9.6v line thatis down as thats he one that
controls the logic.

You hould disconnect the hit tracker as you wont need this for home
us, and if it goes down it will take other chips with it. As an extra,
if you have a sub board on the hit tracker (a small board between the
hit tracker and the incoming cable) have a look at the chip on this
board, you usually find that its the same one as the logic board I
think (I thnk its the logic board, anyway its one they don't make
anymore).

If your fuses are OK, try to disconnect each module (amp, logic, mech
board etc) and see if any of them are bringing the power supply down.
If not, although it is unusual, try the small board on top of the powr
supply. Try Leon at he has some stuff for the
477 and he is a nice bloke, very approachable.

Best of luck