Old August 9th 03, 01:00 PM
UStamps 4U

Default German Stamp Question?

The 1902 Issue Deutches Reich "Nord und Sud" Union of north and south 2 Mark
stamp with unwatermarked paper is listed in Michel's catalogue with 4 varieties
#79, 82A, 82B, and the rare 82Z. The first three are dark blue (stahlblau).
Only 82Z is listed as blue (blau).
I have one that is unwatermarked, Blue (not dark blue), perf 14.4 x 14.1 all
this leads to being a rare 82Z. But the illustration in Michel's shows the
rays in the sky to be long radial lines similar to 79 except with occasional
breaks. The stamp I have has horizontal dashes very strongly engraved making
up the rays. The engraving is very strong and different from 82A or 82B. I
find this to be unlisted by Michel and need help to confirm the proper listing.
Thanks for your help.