Old May 18th 05, 09:18 PM
Bob Hairgrove

On Wed, 18 May 2005 12:58:38 -0500, "A.E. Gelat"
wrote:

I never had an assignment that I did not like; they were all a
pleasure. I think it is all a matter of attitude.

Perhaps.

My "attitude" towards things associated with earning money are largely
influenced by the people I am forced to work with ... my boss, my
colleagues, my pupils, my pupils' parents, etc. Sometimes it's great,
and other times there are the inevitable people-related conflicts. In
such jobs, it takes two to have an attitude. g

Sometimes a job is accompanied by frustration because of budget
limitations which force one to work with suboptimal tools or on too
tight schedules. As Henry Ford was supposed to have said to a
customeronce (my free rendition here): "We can build it solidly,
quickly, or cheaply ... pick any two."

When I am pursuing an assignment where I am granted a great deal of
personal freedom -- and responsibility -- then my attitude has a lot
easier time of it. But people are all different -- some people enjoy
jobs more which come with little freedom because they do not want to
assume the extra responsibility associated with a more autonomous
position.

--
Bob Hairgrove