Old July 3rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Curtis L. Russell

Default WARNING: Noodler's Inks [A Big Thanks!]

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:09:17 -0400, "~*Thespius*~"
wrote:

I got a fontain pen and bottle of noodlers ink for christmas. Haven't
used a fountain pen in years but I filled it up and did the month's
bills before letting it rest in the drawer for a month forgotten. The
pen was clogged so I do know that noddler's claim by some to have the
attributes of holy water is malarky. I say who cares. Am happy to
return to my trusted PB.

What does this have to do with anything, pro or con? And holy water
makes for a wet nib.

And for a positive comment or two, finally took the instructions given
long ago and went to Pen Haven in Kensington, MD. They did their magic
on three nibs and I have $ 700 plus worth of pens now working exactly
the way I always wanted them to. Since they didn't charge for the work
done, I bought a rocker blotter to lessen the guilt. And a Shaeffer
from the 30s, but that had nothing to do with guilt.

Guess I know where any gift money's going for awhile. Last week I
didn't need anymore pens. Now there is that snorkel and the touchdown
and the retracted nib and the flexible nib...

And I learned that if you have a place like Pen Haven within a
reasonable drive, don't sit around bemoaning how a pen or two is
writing (or not writing). Go on down to the guys with the black thumbs
and the experience...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...