Old November 5th 05, 06:15 PM
DeserTBoB

Default AFree8

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:41:13 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

I bought a copy of the flat-pak years ago on Ebay-the sound is incredible!
Too bad the idiot never said it was spliced in 3 places! snip

Gotta hate that. I had one that the moron spliced in four places
using foil (obviously didn't know what splicing tape was) so, you'd be
in a track, it'd change for no apparent reason, then, you'd go along
in the next track, and it'd change again...what a mess! Stripped that
one for the pinch roller and the rest went to garbage.

I rather like the jumbled-up sequence on the Mothers tapes; '....Money' on
8-track is very weird in this regard.
Also, the 'A... Free' compact cassette has a slightly different edit on one
of the songs; just a different bit of silence on 'The Duke Of Prunes.'
Interesting! snip

Yeah, I heard that! I never figured out what the extra pause was on
the cassette release of "Free," but it's there! I think you're also
right on "...Money" having a really weird track layout, obviously done
to conserve tape.

dB