Old July 5th 05, 02:55 AM
gogu

Ο "Dik T. Winter" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In article "gogu"
writes:
Ο "Dik T. Winter" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

I don't use a purse so my pockets feel quite uncomfortable with all
those
change.
Some times I have 12 or even 15 euros in coins in my pockets !

Spend them.

:-)))
Sure I'll do but it's much of a nuisance until spending, at least for me.

Not the same thing.
Pound it was, pound remained.

Only for paper money. *All* coins were subsequently changed.

Yes, I was talking about paper money.
Euro is a totally new currency for every European so there is more need to
adapt to the new look (and the exchange rate with the old currencies).

They've just turned to the decimal.
The euro is a totally new currency for every European in the euroland.

Well, so was the decimal pound in the UK.

What I am trying to say is that even if they turned to the decimal, they
were still using the currency named "pound" with its familiar look on paper
and some smaller coin denominations.
The euro on the contrary is a totally new currency, not resembling our old
currency and you had to carry a small calculator in the first months with
you ;-)

Then please show me such an *official* demand from the respective
*governments* !

Show me a demand from some other country than Greece, Italy (and for some
time Austria).

I've explained that it was not a demand but the personal opinion of a
minister.
The government of Greece *never* backed his idea.
And of course it was never an official demand from any other euroland
country !
And here is my objection to the title "Greece (or Italy or any other
country) urges ECB to issue low denomination Euro notes".
From the moment it was not an official demand but just the opinion of a
single minister, I find the title of the newspaper misleading.

Well, I do think that at least the Dutch or German people would not
appreciate it. At least, I have never read anyone supporting it.

I am sorry I don't remember what newspaper was.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html