Old May 17th 05, 09:33 AM
Alan Williams

Phil DeMayo wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2005 19:33:04 -0700, jeff wrote:

Considering that the mint will probably make a billion of these things,
and - because of roll-hoarding - many will remain uncirculated, it's
hard to imagine that bisons will be worth much any time soon.

Last year's figures (combined Philly and Denver):

733.44 million Peace Medal Type
711.60 million Keelboat

Which falls far below even *my* elevated standard for Nickel Hoarding!
(One piece or fewer per capita the present US population). First year
types don't typically elevate due to extensive hoarding anyway! See the
plethora of BU 1909 Lincolns, 1964 Kennedy's, etc, etc, etc. ;-)

A good question to ask...when does common sense overcome the common
perception? Of late I've noticed a lot of high grade 1999 Statehood
Quarters appearing in my change. So...five to six years might be a
baseline figure for how long Joe Public is willing to 'sit on his treasure'.

Alan
'the Morgan people understand'