Old December 20th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Sam[_2_]

Default FA: Complete works of Alexander Dumas, hardcover (closes Dec 27)

On Dec 20, 2:50 pm, John David Galt
wrote:
This is a complete, hardcover set of the works of Alexander Dumas, published in 1906 by P.F. Collier & Sons, New York.

John,
In your ad, you state:
"All are in good condition. I don't call them "like new" because a
previous owner stamped each volume number on the top edge/face of the
pages (visible only when each book is closed)."

Is that the ONLY reason that you didn't call them "like new"? Looking
at the ONE picture you show, it appears that the cloth coverings on
the spines appear to be dimpled. For books that are 100 years old to
be "like new" would require care and diligence that are beyond most
(all?) people and institutions.

If you get any bidders, congratulations! And I'd forget about buying
any Lotto tickets