Old June 5th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default New edition of Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

Yeah, I took advantage of the trial, too, and was also disappointed by the
lack of world paper money content. It's odd, because they've been
advertising the service in the IBNS Journal, but fail to deliver anything of
interest to world note collectors. Like I said before, based upon its
actions, Krause apparently doesn't think highly of us.

I ordered the new catalog today and look forward to seeing if they've made
any real changes to the content, or just a cursory refresh. If you're
interested, here's my review of the 13th edition, which was published in the
IBNS Journal last year:

http://www.owenink.com/banknotes/SCWPM_review.pdf

Krause certainly had time to see this criticism and address it, if it cared
to. Let's hope that's the case.

On 6/5/08 7:39 AM, in article
, "Matthew
Brealey" wrote:

On 5 Jun, 15:17, "Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote:
Take a look at Numismaster and you'll see the emphasis is on coins, not
banknotes. What little note info is up there is US notes, not world notes.
Clearly international paper money collectors don't rank very high on
Krause's list of concerns.

I had a one-month all-access subscription there, and they had a thing
saying "new for our all-access members", saying that they had just
added another guide (on coins I think). They gave the impression that
they will continue adding more publications until all of their stuff
is up there. Also they say "Find my Currency, Search Our Online
Database of Paper Money and Bank Notes", which would suggest that they
plan to have more stuff up there eventually.

I'm certainly not holding my breath though.