Old October 8th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
TL

Default Burning Stamp Collection - Proper?

On Oct 7, 9:56 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:37:59 -0700, TL wrote:
On Oct 7, 11:15 am, Proposition 88
wrote:
It most definitely was no troll.

Too many of us seniors, who used to collect stamps, are in a similar
situation.

For many of us, sooner than sell below a fair price to some crooked dealer,
by burning our collections we at least get the satisfaction of denying some
thief the chance to profit from us.

Not all of us have worthwhile charities nearby, either.

Anon has posted an average 20 posts a day for years under just that
alias. With that time he could have sold all of our stamp
collections.

hehehehehe... as I said and Tom 2nd the motion, he's a troll...

This guy in Canada sells stamps to raise money for dogs and cats:
http://www.strays.ca/aboutus.htm
www.catsanonymous.ca

Which is quite cool!

Anon, Prop88, Prop13, Kramer, Grosvenor, MattKern, GeorgeOrwell,
JimDavidson, Nachrichten etc. etc are all the same person. Countless
aliases, thousands of posts per month. The ngs are his life. He
really should consider the cats and dogs idea.