Old August 3rd 11, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Don Phillipson[_2_]

Default Book Sale Find - North American History

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
. . . Reuben Gold Thwaites edited 73 volumes as The Jesuit Relations
and Allied Documents, Travels and Explorations of the Jesuit Missionaries
in
New France 1610-1791 (1896-1901), presenting annotated parallel versions
of
his translations and the French, Latin and Italian original texts."

Thank you. As a result of your information,I found them on AddAll.com,
for about $7,500 for all 73 volumes, or individually on sale for an
average of $100 each volume. I guess I had better wait for some scholar
to die and his family to hold an estate sale.

Just spotted by chance . . .
"The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents, Volume 42 (ISBN: 9781110297191)

Bookseller: ARVELLE Buch- und Medienversand e.K. (Schenefeld, SH, Germany).
.. .
Book Description: BIBLIOBAZAAR Mai 2009, 2009. Gebunden. Book Condition: 3.
Sofort lieferbar! Restauflage in gutem Zustand. Rechnung mit MwSt. This is a
pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality
assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books
with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have
made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede
the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally important and
have elected to bring the book back into print as part of our continuing
commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide., Englisch, 306
S., 23,4cm x 15,6cm x 1,9cm, 603 g. Bookseller Inventory # 301614"

We now need to know only whether the publisher is reissuing the whole
73-volume set or just one title . . .

Also, McClelland & Stewart published in the 1960s (for Carleton Univ.)
paperback
selections from the Jesuit Relations.
--
Don Phillipson