Old October 3rd 04, 06:10 PM
David

On 2004-10-03 07:03:49 -0700, (PGBarto) said:

Scroll down: yes trees can be planted and harvested

Yes they can. But that isn't what's generally done now, and that was my
point. If all non-farm logging was eliminated right now, there wouldn't
be much left on the market. And if we just re-define "farm" to mean
"basically anywhere that trees are being cut and new ones planted", we
won't be any better off. A farm is a farm.
"We're eliminating industry demands for cutting down more and more
forest land by establishing small, intensive tree farms that will fill
the demand instead" is not on the website.

David