Old May 23rd 05, 05:22 PM
Bob Flaminio

Fletch wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...
ICG has no experts on ancient coins on the payroll; they are in
Colorado Springs, and use local people as consultants.

REALLY!?! Yikes! I assumed they had some experts on the payroll. I
guess I better hope their consultants stick around -- I am going to
send them a few coins this month.

It's not that big of an issue. Presumably, they don't get that many
ancients to grade. Also, given that the ANA is in CS also, there should
be a ready supply of experts to bring in for a few hours of grading and
authentication.

I would imagine that if ancient submissions took off, they would need to
hire an expert. But if it's only a ten hour a week or so gig,
consultants are the way to go.

--
Bob