Old May 23rd 05, 12:53 PM
Fletch

Useful not for the numerical grade, but for authentication and (important to
me) protection of the coin.

--Keith

"Willy P" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have purchased several inexpense bronze Roman coins in ICG holders
because I like the idea of buying "old" coins which have some third
party unbiased opinion on grade,authenticity and attribution.

I would like folks to give me their opinions on ICG's ability to
grade,authentic, and attribute ancients. I have read that the ancient
collecting community has generally turned their nose up at "slabbing".
I have also noticed that most ancient coin dealers at shows rarely, if
ever, have ICG slabs.

Does ICG keep an ancient grading on their payroll or do they farm out
the work.

So, to sum up, what's the latest opinion on ICG and ancients?