Old August 19th 05, 04:29 PM
j fabian

On 19 Aug 2005 00:16:15 -0700, wrote:

I have built up a collection of about 80 YoL items , going back to the
1930's . Like you , I have found it difficult to dig up any detailed
info on the company.

I wonder if there's something peculiarly British about silly names like
"Yard 'O' Led" and "File 'O' Fax" ... Here in the States we have the
Minneapolis-based "Malt 'O' Meal" and Lipton's ever-present "Cup 'O'
Noodles. Wait -- isn't Lipton a British company? Hmmm. "Pep 'O' Mint",
"Spear 'O' Mint", and "Wint 'O' Green" Lifesavers...

"Koh 'I' Noor" drafting pens -- never understood that one.

Reminds me of the Ford Model A (known at the timer as a "Ford") which came
in "Tudor" (coupe) and "Fordor" (sedan) variations. My grandfather had a
Fordor...