Old July 18th 04, 04:55 PM
Nick Cassaro

2 - Redesign of the $1bill:
The portrait will be changed to be similar to the other bills and color
security features will be added to the $1 bill. The last I read, the BEP was
not planning on changing the $1 bill as it was not counterfeited enough to
warrent the extra costs.

The redesigns of the 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 didn't warrant the extra
costs either but that didn't stop them. The old bills were in fact
more complicated, making them harder to counterfeit I'd imagine; not
to mention they're still in circulation so anybody who wanted to
counterfeit a 20 dollar bill could just do one of the old ones.