Old December 13th 03, 08:29 PM
Grandpa

Dave wrote:

As a white person in the United States, I'm often made to feel guilty
about slavery.

As another white person in the US, our response (stupid IMO) is to give
those we feel sorry for having done something against in the distant
past, some form of monetary renumeration and special treatment, be it
lower university tuition or affirmative action, which is nothing more
than reverse descrimination.

I only mention it because I find it interesting that some find (as I do)
that a simple but sincere "I'm sorry" is appropriate for those things
that occurred so long ago that you personally had no hand in and are not
responsible for.

So I wonder if there will be an "I'm Sorry" stamp one day?