Old December 13th 03, 11:44 AM
Victor Manta

Our current Prime Minister hasn't the bottle
to offer a simple apology. (Rodney)

Hi Rodney,

Of course, it is your right to "feel in my heart, not my head" or anyway
else. :-) You are also free to present your excuses to anyone you wish for
anything you wish (as long as you do it in your name).

It isn't the same for a Prime Minister to present excuses, as long as
neither s/he nor people that s/he represents directly participated in these
crimes.

It is necessary and sufficient that the Constitution of a country qualifies
these kind of behavior as crimes and enforces the corresponding laws. As
much as I know, this is the case for your country.

This hopefully answers your second posting too.

Greetings,

Victor Manta

Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply
"Rodney" wrote in message
Hi Victor,
My problem is that we have had, from what I can see
a selective history ethic in our schools, which is however,
changing for the better.

I personally do feel some responsibility, not for what has
happened in the past, but for some in my generation that
do not have the generosity of spirit to offer a simple
apology, that goes toward reconciliation of our collective
whole.

One can argue the folly or otherwise, of such feeling or desire,
but the fact remains, it is what I feel in my heart, not my head.
What cost an apology? I feel empathy for these poor people
that have been so abused in our past, I think it brotherly to show
we share and understand their pain.

Rgds