Old December 13th 03, 10:03 AM
Victor Manta

Default OT. Personal responsibility vs. collective one. On this day in History....12th Dec

Rodney,

Sorry, I don't exactly understand where is your problem. Have you directly
participated in these atrocities or have you somehow, by your business or
political activity or something like this contributed to it? Why should you
or people of your generation feel responsible for things that happened a
long time before you and they were born?

Just the illustrate my thoughts read this fictive news:

"The President of the Mongolian Republic has offered his apology to the
Chinese and to Russian people for the atrocities committed by his ancestors
in the distant past."

What does it bring, what does it change? Should by chance Mongolians start
paying compensations to hundreds of millions people?

My points a

- We are responsible only for what we are personally doing. Neither our
relatives, not our compatriots can be considered guilty for our faults, and
vice-versa, and this as well in the present as for the past.

- The idea of the guilt of parents for what have done their adult children,
and vice-versa, was and is the guiding principle of the most retrograde and
repressive societies.

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply
"Rodney" wrote in message
I thought I detected some pride there KUK
and I know where you are coming from.
I didn't mean to offend, and I take your point.

It was just yesterday, I viewed a documentary on history
of our treatment of the Aborigines here, the
genocide our early settler's practiced in Western Victoria.
Our current Prime Minister hasn't the bottle
to offer a simple apology.

Merry Christmas.

(Remove gum to reply)